Vegan Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Casserole Recipe
Hey guys! Today's recipe from me is a vegan take on the best part of Thanksgiving; Sweet Potato Casserole! Vegans can not eat your traditional casserole because there is usually egg in the sweet potatoes and marshmallows are not vegan!
Here is a delicious cruelty-free option you can bring instead. There is not much sugar in this dish because I really wanted to concentrate on all of the natural flavors of this dish. If you would like to add more sugar, why not? It is the Holidays after all!
Vegan Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Casserole
- 1 Pumpkin roasted (or 1 can of pumpkin)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (chopped up and boiled)
- 1/4 cup of Almond Milk (or your favorite non dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of chopped Almonds
- 1/4 cup of raw sunflower seeds (without the shell)
1. Mash together Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin, and butter
2. Mix in Almond milk, sugar, and spices.
3. Put mixture into baking dish
4. Top with the almonds and sunflower seeds
5. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes
6. Let cool for 15 minutes