Vegan Buffalo Sliders Recipe
Hey guys! Today I am going to share with you a delicious vegan alternative to a Chicken Buffalo Sandwich. My husband absolutely loves buffalo anything, the for him the best of the best is a Chicken Buffalo Sandwich. This is one of the things he has missed the most since we have transitioned to a plant-based diet. We really try to stay away from the frozen vegan food, or as I like to cal it "Vegan Junk Food" as much as possible. I find that it makes me feel heavy and bloated.
So, I used cauliflower instead of a processed alternative. If you want to make this as a regular sized sandwich rather than sliders, you can simply slice a head of cauliflower into 1/4-1/2 inch slices, for sliders, it is a bit more complicated. You will actually need to cut up a bit more to fit into the size of the bun you are using. Now, because we are working with cauliflower if we cut it the wrong way it will all fall apart! My solution to this is to cut it into triangles or in half depending on the size of your cauliflower, photo example below. Then I roasted them this way. If you would like, you can pan fry them, but I was looking to cut out extra fat where ever I could.
While the cauliflower is roasting, the next step is the buffalo sauce. Traditional buffalo sauce does have butter in it, so this will not work for us. You can pick up a vegan buffalo sauce at Trader Joes or you could just make it! I will include a recipe for it below. I love making things from scratch, I feel that it is the best way to know what is really going into your food. However, I also get that sometimes we just don't have time to do all of that extra stuff and just need to buy it. Whichever way you decide to go it will still be delicious!
Recipe Vegan Buffalo Sliders
Makes 2 Servings
Vegan Buffalo Sauce
- 1/3 Hot Sauce (I love Texas Pete Hot Sauce)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a saucepan on medium heat
2. Gently stir mixture until it starts to boil
3. Pull off of heat and let cool for about 10-12 minutes before using
- 6 pretzel buns, cut in half and toasted ( I bought mine in the store)
- 2 slices of a 1/2 inch slice of the cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Cut cauliflower slices in half or to size of bun
4. Roast cauliflower in oven for 15 minutes on each side
5. Let cauliflower cool for 10 minutes
6. Take cooled cauliflower and lightly cover with sauce mixture
7. Spread mayo on bread
6. Put the sandwich together. I recommend doing it in this order from the bottom. Cauliflower, tomato, lettuce and top with any extra sauce.