Pumpkin Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
As the fall breeze continues to roll in, I have the irrepressible urge to bake all the vegan goodies and fill the house with warm cookie smells. Is it just me? Today I am sharing with you my new favorite fall cookie recipe. This recipe has pumpkin, because what is a fall dessert without pumpkin? It also has ginger, for that seasonal spice. The main attraction, in my opinion, is some ooey-gooey chocolate chips because no dessert of mine is complete without chocolate. However, you can leave the chocolate chips out if you are not a chocolate fan (aka you are crazy).
This recipe is also PERFECT if you are going to a holiday party or having friends over and you want to impress them with a delicious vegan dessert. Honestly, you do not even have to tell anyone they are vegan because no one would ever guess! I highly suggest you pour yourself a glass of almond milk (or other non-dairy milk) and dip these babies into it. It changed my life! Let me know in the comments below if you try out this recipe and tell me what you (and your friends!) think of it.
You will need:
v 3/4 cup of vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
v 1 cup of sugar (+more for rolling)
v 2 cups of vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
v 1/4 cup of Pumpkin
v 1/4 cup of molasses
v 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
v 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
v 1 teaspoon of baking soda
v 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
v 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
v 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix together the butter (softened) and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
3. Mix in the pumpkin and molasses to the bowl until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and spices. Then, add them into the mixture until everything is well combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Using a spoon or 1-1/2" cookie scoop, roll the dough into balls and coat well with additional sugar.
7. Place the balls onto a cookie sheet (I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper) about 2" apart.
8. Bake the cookies for approximately 10-13 minutes. Watch them well.
9. Let them cool on the cookie sheet until they firm up a bit, then you can move them to a cooling rack.
10. Eat and enjoy! <3