Vegan Ratatouille Recipe!
Happy Tuesday everyone!! Today, I decided to talk about a recipe that doesn't actually need any alterations to it. That's right. It's Ratatouille! An all vegetable dish which is great to have hot or cold, or even in a soup. (I prefer the original way though; stewed). Some people do use Chicken Stock for this recipe. But, more often than not it's Vegetable Stock.
Makes 10 Servings!
- 3 fluid ounces olive oil
- 12 ounces medium-dice onions
- 3/4 ounce minced garlic
- 1 ounce tomato paste
- 4 ounces medium-dice red pepper
- 1 pound medium-dice eggplant
- 12 ounces medium-dice zucchini
- 8 ounces peeled, seeded, medium-diced tomatoes
- 4 fluid ounces Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 ounce chopped herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté until soft.
- Turn heat down to low. Add tomato paste and cook until it completely coats the onions and develops a deeper color.
- Add vegetables in the following sequence: peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cook each vegetable until soft before adding more.
- Add the stock and allow the vegetables to stew. Stew until vegetables are tender and flavorful. Season and serve!