Recipe!! Vegan Tomato Sauce & Pasta With Sauteed Mushrooms
Hello, everyone! I was sitting in my kitchen the other day and thinking if I could share just one recipe, what would it be? I chose this one because it is so easy and flexible! I make this meal in around 10 minutes and it tastes absolutely wonderful! It is flexible because you can use any vegetable in it. For example, if you do not have mushrooms but you have green beans, you can use those instead!
This is your standard tomato sauce recipe, it is very light but flavorful. You can add depth to it by your seasoning choices. In this recipe, I used Italian seasonings. I could have added cumin and chili powder to have more of a Mexican flavor. In a recipe like this, it is all about the seasonings. That is what makes it so great and flexible.
If you make this recipe or a version of it, we want to see it! Tag us in your photo on Instagram @smoothievegetarians
Good luck and get cooking!
Vegan Tomato Sauce & Pasta With Sauteed Mushrooms
Serves 3 people
- 3 fresh whole tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil (chopped)
-1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- Salt and Peper to taste
1. Add tomatoes and chopped garlic to a blender and puree smooth.
2. Add tomato puree to a saucepan and add vinegar, oregano, pepper flakes, and basil.
3. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat then lower till low heat
4. Leave on low until the rest is done
5. Add salt and pepper right before you mix in with pasta
- 3 cups of mushrooms
- Dairy free butter
1. Add butter to warm skillet.
2. Once butter is melted, add mushrooms.
3. Cook till soft.
-1/2 box of pasta cooked
1. Mix pasta and sauce together.
2. If it is still a little watery, let the pasta sit in sauce on low heat until desired consistency.
3. Serve on plate or bowl with mushrooms on top