Recipe!! Vegan Berry Waffles
Last night I had a dream that I was sitting on a cloud eating the fluffiest waffles with warm syrup. Let's just say I was disappointed when I woke up and found myself nibbling the side of my pillow. I decided first thing in the morning that for lunch I was going to have waffles. I was already to go, my mouth was practically watering at the idea. Then I looked in my refrigerator and saw that I was completely out of eggs. I let myself feel defeated and settled to make a smoothie when I got a brilliant idea. Fruit puree! The waffles came out amazing! They were soft, fluffy, and absolutely to die for! I put together this recipe and I hope y'all enjoy!
If you use this recipe or even put your own spin on it take a picture and tag us in it on instagram @smoothievegetarians!
What you'll need for this recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups of your Belgian waffle mix of choice
- 2/3 cups of water
-1/4 cup of frozen berries
- 3 tablespoons of oil of choice (I used Avocado oil)
- Pre-heat your waffle iron
- Combine water, Avocado oil, and frozen fruit in the blender and puree until smooth (I had to puree it twice with my blender to get the desired consistency).
- Once pureed combine with the waffle mix and whisk until it is smooth.
- Pour waffle mix into the waffle iron and cook according to the waffle irons instructions.
- Optional top with syrup or fresh fruit.