Today, I am veering away from food and decided to do a little recipe I found while I was on vacation. Every year, I go to the Outer Banks for my time share. And about the half way point, we stop at this Farmer's Market called Morris Farm (Which is AMAZING).
So while I was there, they had a pumpkin milk shake. Which had 2 simple ingredients. Pumpkin butter, and ice cream. And I lie to you not, it tasted just like a pumpkin pie. So I am going to write down this recipe, but with vegan ice cream!
Making vegan ice cream can be complicated, or simple depending on which recipe you use. I am using a simple recipe that only has 3 ingredients, and it does not require an ice cream machine! But you can always add whatever you'd like for your ice cream for other flavors!
This is a very simple recipe that would be nice anytime! I went ahead and added a vegan ice cream recipe, but you can always use store bought if desired, or your own recipe! The pumpkin butter from Morris is all natural (Picture below) The ingredients for that are pumpkin, white grape juice concentrate, citric acid, and spices. Hope you enjoy!! And don't forget to add suggestions of recipes you'd like to see next week! :)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon coconut nectar
- Any fruits you might want to add for extra flavoring
- 5 Tablespoons pumpkin butter
Directions for Ice cream:
- Put coconut milk, vanilla extract, coconut nectar, and optional fruit into the blender.
- Blend it until smooth.
- Put it into a freezer safe container and freeze for 5 hours (Make sure to check it though because since it is dairy free, it might become chunkier than expected).
- Ice cream is done!!
Directions for Shake (Here is the real simple recipe)
- Put 3 scoops of ice cream and all 5 Tablespoons of pumpkin butter in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add your non-dairy whipped cream on top and enjoy!