Hello everyone! For my first recipe on here, I decided to go with something simple to make. I used to make this a lot when I didn’t feel like making anything else. Now the original recipe calls for Crème fraîche, which is a type of thick cream using heavy cream and the option of buttermilk, sour cream, or yogurt. But, never fear. For there is an alternative.
½ lb Celeriac (celery root)
1-2 Granny Smith Apples
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
3 Tbsp Vegan Crème fraîche (1 ½ tsp Obia Naturals Sweet Almond Heavy Cream and 1 ½ tsp Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt)
3 Tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Nature’s Basket Organic Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut away the outer rind of the celery root and cut it into matchsticks size.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 4 cups of water and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Rinse the celery root and add it to the boiling water. Cook them until they’re “fork tender” (a fork can easily go through it).
- Drain them, and put them in another bowl of cold water to halt the cooking process. Drain again.
- Peel, and dice the apples.
- To create the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in the celery root and apples, taste it and season before serving.