What is Raw Food Combining and why is it important ? (Part I)
Most persons in the Western Medical field (doctors, nurses or even dieticians) will most likely not be the ones to broach this topic regardless of the significance it does actually play in health.
This, sadly in my view is for no other reason than their program omits the relevance and overwhelming significance of nutrition in health, or nutrition is based on the old patterns of thinking promoted by the Meat and Dairy Industry. Here, my points do strongly go against the grain in almost all respects. Food combining plays a great role in gut health, the helm of true and healthful abundance. Two things which dictate our overall state of anatomical health are:
1. Hydration levels of the body and
2. Gut health.
Without these, disease has grounds to manifest. That said, it is prudent therefore to look at what affects gut health. Food combining is one such protocol. Due to the fact that it is not necessarily an area spoken much about, I feel the need to bring to the fore what I have learned through experience and research of which, a number of guidelines hold true in this regard. Some basic guidelines governing foods in the raw vegan diet, are as follows:
1. Sweet fruit, vegetables, overt fats,
2. Sub-acid fruits, other fruit categories, vegetables, overt fats.
3. Acid fruits, other fruit categories, vegetables. Overt fats.
4. Watermelon and the melon family of fruits.
5. Water and other beverages.
Failure to comply with these guidelines have been found to overtime cause digestive distress resulting in poor digestive function and by extrapolation Adrenal Fatigue. Repeated failure to observe #3, can spiral into insulin resistance or hyperglycemia ( the onset of Type II Diabetes) and long-term weight gain. Specific food combinations which are most effective on a Raw Vegan Diet:
1. Sweet fruit combines well with greens and vegetables, some sub-acid fruits, but NOT with overt fats and acid fruits.
2. Sub-acid fruits combine well with greens, sweet fruit and to a lesser extent overt fats.
3. Acid fruits combine well with overt fats, greens and most vegetables, but NOT with sweet fruit.
4. Melons should be had alone, ideally on an empty stomach. Watermelon, specifically, watermelon, which happens to be the fastest digesting food.
5. Water and other beverages( fresh juice etc. ), must be had outside an hour window of eating( one hour before a meal, one hour after). Assimilating liquids whilst the body is seeking to digest food can lead to digestion compromising( improper digestion).
It is crucial therefore to separate drinking from eating. So, the question of questions remain, why is the focus solely on fruits and vegetables? Simple, as a raw vegan by choice, I do know this to be the most effective and healthy way to receive one' s nutrients. This lifestyle promotes consuming live foods in their original, natural state from nature when harvested in season and had at full ripeness/readiness for consumption.
Overt fats foods are foods which micro nutrient component, fat is provided in the % of more than 70 of their total makeup or foods whose calorie content is dominated by fat
Sub-acid Fruit: This category covers fruits which are slightly or moderately acid or sour
The Melon Family This covers fruits which are the large round fruit of a plant of the gourd family, with sweet pulpy flesh and many seeds.
Acid Fruit: This category is of fruits whose ascorbic percentage is within the range: 50-70% of the total Citrus family
Sweet Fruit: These fruits are those whose composition of fructose/sucrose composition exceed 70% of their total nutrient makeup. Sweeter in taste than average
- Dried Fruits
To be continued: March 25,2017.