Hey guys! We have added a few people to the mix and we have had a lot of different content posted lately! As exciting as that is, I thought it would be nice to go back to the basics and post a recipe post. At this point, I still plan on posting at least one recipe a week, maybe more but one is a good goal for now.
I absolutely love brussel sprouts! If it wasn't for my husband insisting we should eat other things, I probably would live off of them. With this love for brussel sprouts, I have gotten creative with the different ways to eat them. This dish is one of my favorites because it is quick, easy, and delicious.
Feel free to spice this recipe up with bell peppers, spinach or whatever else you can think of! Brussel sprouts are currently in season so this a really awesome dish that would not be to expensive to make. If you can not find fresh brussel sprouts then frozen ones will work just as well!
We have recently started our Youtube channel! Click here to check it out. We will be posting new videos every Tuesday and Thursday.
Until next time!
Brussel Sprout Penne Pasta Recipe:
Makes 4 servings
- 6 cups uncooked penne
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cups of brussel sprouts cut in fourths
- 2 cups mushrooms cut in fourths
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh basil cut up
1. Cook pasta al dente , save pasta water for later
2. Add the oil to a skillet
3. Add brussel sprouts to the oil and cook until they are about half wat done
4. Add mushrooms to brussel sprouts cook until mushrooms are completely cooked
5. Add pasta, lemon juice, salt, pepper, basil and 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water
6. Cook until the water is absorbed