Good morning, good afternoon, good evening! Today I wanted to share a vegan zucchini bread recipe with you. Zucchini bread is one of my Mothers favorite and we always had it this time of year. It is one of my holiday favorites. Since I am phasing eggs out of my diet, I thought it would be super fun to experiment with vegan zucchini bread recipes.
I tried on with a flax seed "egg" and one with bananas. The banana one was voted the better out of the two in my house. My husband absolutely loves banana bread so he also really enjoyed this bread. It is almost like a combination of banana bread and zucchini bread and taste absolute heaven. You can not even tell it is vegan, which makes a perfect dish to share with others.
For this recipe, I used a circle baking dish because I have misplaced my bread baking dish. This recipe works in pretty much any size baking dish you have!
Feel free to mix this recipe up and add other things to it. A few ideas of different things you could try is pineapple, cranberries or apples. This recipe also includes almonds but you could use any nut that you wanted or not nuts at all!
You have all the power with this one!
Did you try this recipe? Do you hate it? Do you love it? Have a request for another recipe you would like us to try? Leave it in the comments!
Vegan Zucchini Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1 1/2 cup sugar (or any sweetener)
- 3 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cups of sunflower oil (any oil would work)
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1/2 cup of sliced/crushed almonds *optional*
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix all wet ingredients (this includes bananas)
3. Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl (do not include almonds or zucchini)
4. Mix together dry and wet ingredients until everything is moist
5. fold in zucchini and almonds
6. Put batter in greased baking dish
7. Bake for 60 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes