Hey guys! So, this is going to be a bit of a personal post. Our goal here is to not only talk about things related to a plant-based diet but also talk about our personal journeys. I have been eating a plant-based lifestyle for a little over three months now. I thought that now would be a good time to sit down and talk to you about the immediate changes I have experienced over the last three months since transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. When I first started considering transitioning to a plant-based diet I went on to the internet to see how other suggested doing it.
I found lots of vegan Youtube channels and blogs that really pushed me to transition to eating a plant-based diet. The thing that really did it for me was I attended one of Alyse’s (from Raw Alignment) webinars. That day I stopped eating meat and started cutting back drastically on my dairy consumption.
- Within the first few weeks, I did drop ten pounds. However, my weight has been steady since then. I think that a few more changes in my diet will result in another drop. A few changes I plan on incorporating is more fresh fruits and vegetables! My opinion is that you can never have too many fresh fruits and vegetables. Although, I am already eating way more than I was a few months ago there is still room for improvement in this area. I also plan on starting a new workout routine, this will definitely result in a weight drop. Right now I am just practicing yoga on an (almost) nightly basis. Over the next few months, I plan on incorporating weightlifting and more cardio to my routine.
- The most unexpected change for me was how clear my skin got. I thought that I had clear skin before, I would get stress pimples and things like that, but as long as I washed my face every night it was all okay. Since transitioning to a plant-based diet my skin has cleared up so much more and it has gotten so soft.
- I feel like everyone who eats a plant-based diet talks about the boost in energy they experienced when they first transitioned. This is not just something everyone says! It is so true. It is actually a little alarming for me because it happened on the first day I stopped eating animals. I knew it was going to happen, but I honestly thought It would take a few days to happen.
- Another weird thing I noticed is that my body odor is considerably less. Honestly, unless I am doing heavy exercise or activities I do not even use deodorant. The reason this was so surprising to me was because I had never heard of this being something that happens with vegetarians. I had only heard a few raw vegans mention it. So, needless to say, this was a benefit I was not expecting so early in my journey.
- The last change that I noticed was how much more in tune I am with my body now. Once my body went through the detox of the bad things I was putting in it before, I felt great. I did not even experience cravings for meat. During all of my other attempts becoming a vegetarian I always struggled with meat cravings. I think part of this was because I was still living with my Mother, so I had to watch everyone else eat meat every night. Now, I am living on my own and there simply not any meat in the house.
I plan on doing another one of these update posts in another 3 months or so. I hope to have even more wonderful things to share with you! What changes have you noticed since transitioning to a plant-based diet? Share them below in the comments!
Until Next Time,