Today I wanted to share with you a new recipe I made.
I personally like to call this dish the "Avocada-lots-a-pasta"
I was in my kitchen, half broke and scratching my head trying to figure out what on earth to make for dinner, and how I could possibly make it healthy.
Then it hit me.
PASTA IS MY LIFE.
I will forever and ever be addicted to the angel hair, and the penne and anything you cook in a boiling pot of water and smother in butter or tomato basil sauce.
Knowing I am trying to establish a healthy platform to build my eating habits on, I knew neither butter nor pasta sauce would cut it. So, I decided on the next best creamy substance I could think of, Avocado! They are so good, and so good for you too!
I will provide you with the recipe below
If you decide to make this dish or something like it, I would LOVE to see it!
Tag us on Instagram @smoothievegetarians
Until next time
Avocado Pasta Recipe!
- 1/2 box of whole wheat angel hair pasta (not pictured)
- 1 bunch of broccoli florets
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- Diced onion
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Garlic (optional)
- Cook pasta per directions on the box
- In the meantime, cut the broccoli florets and toss them in a pan coated with non-stick cooking spray along with your onion, and diced garlic!
- Mash the avocados in a bowl (kind of like you're making guacamole!) and add the diced Roma tomatoes! (season to taste)
- When the broccoli mixture is done (should be soft, but not mushy) mix into the avocado sauce
- Add the cooked pasta, top with mozzarella cheese if desired!